9 Ekim 2021 Cumartesi

The Voice / Thomas Hardy

The Voice

Woman much missed, how you call to me, call to me,
Saying that now you are not as you were
When you had changed from the one who was all to me,
But as at first, when our day was fair.

Can it be you that I hear? Let me view you, then,
Standing as when I drew near to the town
Where you would wait for me: yes, as I knew you then,
Even to the original air-blue gown!

Or is it only the breeze, in its listlessness
Travelling across the wet mead to me here,
You being ever dissolved to wan wistlessness,
Heard no more again far or near?

Thus I; faltering forward,
Leaves around me falling,
Wind oozing thin through the thorn from norward,
And the woman calling.

Thomas Hardy ~ (1840-1928, United Kingdom)





La voz

Mujer que tanta falta me haces, me llamas, me llamas a mí
Dices que ahora no eres como eras
Cuando cambiaste de quien lo era todo para mi
Si no al principio, en nuestra Primavera

¿Será a ti a quien oigo? Deja que te vea entonces
De pie como cuando iba cerca del pueblo.
En donde me esperabas: sí, como te conocí entonces,
En ese primer vestido azul-cielo.

¿O es tan solo la brisa, en su letargo
Que viaja por la húmeda aguamiel hasta mí, acá,
Y tú disuelta en pálido olvido
Nunca más oída, ni lejos ni cerca?

Entonces yo, tropiezo hacia adelante
Las hojas a mi alrededor se desparraman
El viento se escabulle suave por la espina del norte
Y la mujer que llama.

Thomas Hardy ~ (1840-1928, Reino Unido)

Traducido por Cecilia A. Vietri





Ses

Çok özlenen kadınsın, nasıl çağırırsın beni, çağırırsın,
Söylersin ki sen artık o eski sen değilsin,
Benim için tek olan biriydin, dersin ki değiştin,
Fakat başlangıçtaki gibi günümüz apaydın.

Duyduğum sen olabilir misin? Ben yaklaşırken kente
Ayakta durarak beni beklediğin yere
Bakayım o halde: evet, o bildiğimsin öylece,
Hatta o ilk gök mavisi entarinde!

Ya da meltem midir sadece, halsizliğinde
Gelirken bana ıslak çayırlar arasından,
Çözülmüşsün sen bir kere solgun hasretsizlikte,
Duyulmaz mısın bir daha ne uzaktan ne de yakından?

Sendeleyerek ilerlerim böylece ben,
Etrafımda yapraklar dökülürken,
Kuzey rüzgârı alıçlardan ince ince sızarken,
Ve o kadın beni çağırırken.

Thomas Hardy ~ (1840-1928, İngiltere)

Çeviren: İsmail Haydar Aksoy

The Lane of Poplars, Moret-sur-Loing, 1902.
by Georges Henri Manzana Pissarro

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder