14 Haziran 2020 Pazar

The Diary of Anaïs Nin / Anaïs Nin

"I disregard the proportions, the measures, the tempo of the ordinary world. I refuse to live in the ordinary world as ordinary women. To enter ordinary relationships. I want ecstasy. I am a neurotic — in the sense that I live in my world. I will not adjust myself to the world. I am adjusted to myself.

Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.

We are like sculptors, constantly carving out of others the image we long for, need, love or desire, often against reality, against their benefit, and always, in the end, a disappointment, because it does not fit them."

Anaïs Nin

(The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934 ~ Incest: From "A Journal of Love": The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin, 1932-1934)





"No me importan las proporciones, las medidas, el ritmo del mundo ordinario. Me niego a vivir en un mundo ordinario como una mujer ordinaria. A establecer relaciones ordinarias. Necesito el éxtasis. Soy una neurótica, en el sentido de que vivo mi mundo. No me adaptaré al mundo. Me adapto a mi misma.

La realidad no me impresiona. Solo creo en la intoxicación, en el éxtasis y cuando la vida ordinaria me encadena, me escapo de una manera o de otra. No más muros.

Somos como escultores, constantemente tallando en los demás imágenes que anhelamos, necesitamos o deseamos, a menudo en contra de la realidad, contra su beneficio, y siempre, al final, un desengaño, porque no se ajusta a ellos."

Anaïs Nin

El Diario de Anaïs Nin, volumen 1 (1931-1934)

Anna Sanctum for Volo Magazine
by Stefan Beutler

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder