25 Aralık 2019 Çarşamba

Henry and June / Anaïs Nin

"I really believe that if I were not a writer, not a creator, not an experimenter, I might have been a very faithful wife. I think highly of faithfulness. But my temperament belongs to the writer, not to the woman. Such a separation may seem childish, but it is possible. Subtract the overintensity, the sizzling of ideas, and you get a woman who loves perfection. And faithfulness is one of the perfections. It seems stupid and unintelligent to me now because I have bigger plans in mind. Perfection is static, and I am in full progress. The faithful wife is only one phase, one moment, one metamorphosis, one condition.

(...)

I don't know that I so much want Henry's faithfulness, because I am beginning to realize that the very word "love" tires me today. Love or no love. Fred's saying Henry doesn't love me. I understand the need for relief from complications, and I desire it for myself, only women cannot achieve such a state. Women are romantic.

(...)

I look at my own image in Henry's eyes, and what do I see? The young girl of the diaries, telling stories to her brothers, sobbing much without reason, writing poetry—the woman one can talk to."

Anaïs Nin ~ (Henry and June)

(Henry and June: From "A Journal of Love": The Unexpurgated Diary of Anaïs Nin, 1931-1932)






"Creo realmente que si no fuera escritora, si no fuera creadora, experimentadora, hubiera sido una esposa fiel. Valoro mucho la fidelidad. Pero mi temperamento pertenece a la escritora, no a la mujer. Tal división podrá parecer infantil, pero es posible. Quitando la intensidad, el chisporroteo de ideas, queda una mujer que ama la perfección. Y la fidelidad es una de las perfecciones. Ahora lo encuentro tonto y poco inteligente porque tengo planes de más alcance en mente. La perfección es una cosa estática y yo reboso de progreso. La esposa fiel no es más que una fase, un momento, una metamorfosis, una condición.

(...)

No sé si deseo la fidelidad de Henry, porque estoy empezando a darme cuenta que hoy me fatiga incluso la propia palabra «amor». Amar o no amar. Fred dice que Henry no me ama. Yo comprendo la necesidad de alivio de las complicaciones, y lo deseo para mí misma, pero las mujeres no pueden alcanzar tal estado; Las mujeres son románticas.

(...)

Contemplo mi propia imagen en los ojos de Henry, y ¿qué veo? veo? La muchacha de los diarios, que les cuenta cuentos a sus hermanos, que llora mucho sin razón, que escribe versos... la mujer con quien se puede hablar."

Anaïs Nin ~ (Henry y June)





"Şuna gerçekten inanıyorum: Yazar olmasaydım, son derece sadık bir eş olurdum. Sadakate çok değer veriyorum. Ama meşrebim yazara uygun, kadına değil. Böylesi bir ayrım çocukça gelebilir, ancak mümkün. Aşırı harareti, fokurdayan fikirleri ayıklayın, karşınızda mükemmelliyete aşık bir kadın bulursunuz. Sadakat de mükemmelliklerden biri. Ancak şu an bu bana aptalca ve akılsızca geliyor, çünkü kafamda çok daha büyük tasarılar var. Kusursuzluk durağan, bense doludizginim. Sadık eş olmak yalnızca bir dönem, bir an, bir metamorfoz, bir durum.

(...)

Henry’den bu kadar sadakat bekleyip beklemediğimden emin değilim, çünkü bugün salt aşk sözcüğünün kendisinden bile usanmaya başladığımı fark ettim. Sevmek ya da sevmemek. Fred, Henry’nin beni sevmediğini söylüyor. Zorluklardan, karışıklıklardan uzaklaşma, rahat bir soluk alma gereksinimini anlıyorum, bunu kendim için de arzuluyorum, ne var ki kadınlar bu aşamaya bir türlü ulaşamıyor. Kadınlar duygusal.

(...)

Henry’nin gözlerindeki imgeme bakıyorum ve ne görüyorum? Günlükleriyle haşır neşir olan, erkek kardeşlerine öyküler anlatan, sık sık, nedensizce ağlayan, şiir yazan genç bir kız – insanın konuşabileceği bir kadın."

Anaïs Nin ~ (Henry ve June)

Çevirmen: Püren Özgören / Everest Yayınları


Photo by Mark Loeher

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder