19 Aralık 2019 Perşembe

Sonnet / İlhan Berk

Sonnet

The suns, she is all in all, I stood on a sea,
In a bright dawn, like Menelaus, I arose
And now I reign supreme over a new country,
Catching sight of your face I turn white like a rose.
Perhaps we were in the skies of earliest days
Where a cloud and an old galleon collided,
One morning I absorbed the world with a deep gaze:
Into the breath of the colts my dark face glided.
In that age in Troy your beauty stood alone
When the ocean was wafted to your side.
Once again, like the dawn, your beauty shone;
Now my sunbeams will fall to carry you astride.
                 My carnation breath, you passed but couldn’t see.
                 Yet at one glance you would have made me lovely.

Ilhan Berk (18 November 1918 – 28 August 2008) was a leading contemporary Turkish poet.

Translated by Talat Sait Halman





SONE

Güneşler, bütün o, durdum bir denizde
Bir ağa sabahta menelas gibiyim
Hanlık sürüyorum yeni bir ülkede .
Seni gördüm, bir gül beyazlanıverdim.
Kim bilir bir ilk çağ göğündeydik belki
Bir bulut çarpıyor eski bir kalyona
Bir sabah dünyaya nasıl bakmışım ki
Geçmiş esmerliğim tay soluklarına.
Bu çağda Troya’da güzel bir sizdiniz
Sizinle korlardı yan yana denizi
Bir daha siz sabah gibi güzeldiniz
Bir gün gelir alır aydınlığım sizi.

Geçtiniz o kadar karanfil soluğum
Baksanız kim bilir ne güzel olurdum.

İlhan Berk – (Çivi Yazısı)


Helen of Troy, 1898,
by  Evelyn De Morgan

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder