13 Ocak 2023 Cuma

Notes of a Dirty Old Man / Charles Bukowski

"I was drunk. I walked away back towards my room. It was high New Orleans moon. I kept walking towards my room and soon the tears came, a great wash of tears in the moonlight. and then they stopped and I could feel the tear-water drying on my face, stretching the skin. when I got to my room I didn’t bother with the light, got my shoes off, my socks off, and fell back on the bed without Elsie, my beautiful black whore, and then I slept, I slept through the sadness of everything and when I awakened I wondered what the next town would be, the next job. I got up, put on my shoes and socks, and went out for a bottle of wine. the streets didn’t look very good, they seldom did. it was a structure planned by rats and men and you had to live within it and die within it. but like a friend of mine once said “nothing was ever promised you, you signed no contract.” I walked into the store for my wine."

Charles Bukowski ~ (Notes of a Dirty Old Man / 1969)





"Yo estaba borracho. me alejé de allí, me fui a mi habitación. la luna de Nueva Orleans brillaba arriba, muy alta. seguí camino de mi casa y pronto llegaron las lágrimas. un gran chorreo de lágrimas a la luz de la luna. luego pararon y pude sentir el agua-lágrima secárseme en la cara, estirando la piel. cuando llegué a mi habitación no me molesté en encender la luz. quité zapatos, quité calcetines y me tumbé en la cama sin Elsie, mi linda puta negra, y luego me dormí, crucé dormido la tristeza de todo y cuando desperté me pregunté cuál sería la próxima ciudad, el próximo trabajo. me levanté, zapatos, calcetines y salí a por una botella de vino. las calles no tenían muy buen aspecto, pocas veces lo tenían. la calle era una estructura planeada para ratas y hombres y tenías que vivir y que morir en ella. pero como dijo una vez un amigo mío: «nunca se te prometió nada, no firmaste ningún contrato». entré en la bodega a por el vino." 

Charles Bukowski ~ (Escritos de un viejo indecente / 1969)





"Sarhoştum, odama doğru yürüdüm, dolunay vardı New Orleans'da. bir süre yürüdüm ve yaşlar akmaya başladı, ay ışığında bir gözyaşı seli. sonra kesildi, yaşların yüzümde kuruduklarını hissedebiliyordum, cildim geriliyordu, odama girdiğimde ışığı yakmadım; ayakkabılarımı ve çoraplarımı çıkarıp yatağa bıraktım kendimi. Elsie, harikulade zenci fahişem benim, ve uyudum, her şeye sinmiş hüznün içinden uyudum, uyandığımda şimdi sırada hangi kent var, diye geçirdim içimden, hangi iş? kalktım, çoraplarımı ve ayakkabılarımı giyip bir şişe şarap almaya çıktım, iyi görünmüyordu sokaklar, genellikle görünmezler, insanlar ve fareler tarafından planlanmışlardı sanki ve siz onlarda yaşamak ya da ölmek zorundaydınız. ama bir dostumun bir keresinde bana dediği gibi, "sana hiçbir şey vadedilmedi, sözleşmen yok." şarabımı almak için dükkana girdim."

Charles Bukowski ~ (Pis Moruğun Notları / 1969)

Çevirmen: Avi Pardo / Parantez Yayınları


Charles Bukowski reading at the Sweetwater, 1980.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder