26 Ağustos 2018 Pazar

My Bird and I / Nilgun Marmara

MY BIRD AND I

My bird and I in a mirror
sleeping, our cage is our bed
our faces face to face partners
under an endless snow... sleeping
my bird and I
my mate and I tied with a crimson string
bonded to each other
Untied there is joy to poverty
In our mirror none but this only bond
My crimson jealous mate my bird and I

Nilgun Marmara - (Turkish poet)





MY BIRD AND I

My bird and I are fast asleep
reflected in a mirror, our cage our bed
our visages reflecting that of one another
we sleep beneath the eternally falling snow
my bird and I.
A crimson ribbon binds us – my mate and I
indelibly together.
Destitution would delight in its severance.

In our mirror there´s naught beyond this bond...
This crimson tie between us -- my mate my bird and I...

Nilgun Marmara - (Turkish poet)

Translation by Suat Karantay





KUŞUM VE BEN

Kuşum ve ben bir aynada
uyuyoruz, kafesimiz yatağımız
yüzlerimiz eşlerine baka baka
sonsuz kar altında uyuyoruz
        kuşum ve ben.
Eşim ve ben kızıl bir bağla
bağlıyız birbirimize
Çözülürse yoksulluk sevinir

Aynamızın içinde tek bu bağ...
Kızıl kıskanç eşim kuşum ve ben...

Nilgün Marmara


Destiny. Dreamy Works by Noell S. Oszvald
(Hungarian-based photographer)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder