9 Haziran 2017 Cuma

To a Stranger / Walt Whitman

TO A STRANGER

Passing stranger! you do not know how longingly I look upon you,
You must be he I was seeking, or she I was seeking, (it comes to
    me as of a dream,)
I have somewhere surely lived a life of joy with you,
All is recall’d as we flit by each other, fluid, affectionate, chaste,
    matured,
You grew up with me, were a boy with me or a girl with me,
I ate with you and slept with you, your body has become not
    yours only nor left my body mine only,
You give me the pleasure of your eyes, face, flesh, as we pass, you
    take of my beard, breast, hands, in return,
I am not to speak to you, I am to think of you when I sit alone or
    wake at night alone,
I am to wait, I do not doubt I am to meet you again,
I am to see to it that I do not lose you.

Walt Whitman





A UN DESCONOCIDO

¡Desconocido que pasas! No sabes con cúanto ardor te contemplo,
Debes ser el que busco, o la que busco (esto me viene como en sueños),
Seguramente he vivido contigo en alguna parte una vida de gozo,
Todo se evoca al deslizarnos el uno cerca del otro, fluidos, afectuosos,
    castos, maduros,
Tú creciste conmigo, fuiste un muchacho conmigo o una muchacha conmigo,
He comido contigo y he dormido contigo, tu cuerpo ha dejado de ser sólo
    tuyo y ha impedido que mi cuerpo sea sólo mío,
Tú me das el placer de tus ojos, de tu rostro, de tu carne, al pasar;
    tú me tocas la barba, el pecho, las manos, en cambio,
No debo hablarte, debo pensar en ti cuando esté sentado solo o
    me despierte solo en la noche,
Debo esperar, no dudo que te encontraré otra vez,
Debo cuidar de no perderte.

Walt Whitman





A UNO SCONOSCIUTO

Sconosciuto che passi! tu non sai con che desiderio ti guardo,
Devi essere colui che cercavo, o colei che cercavo (mi arriva come un sogno),
Sicuramente ho vissuto con te in qualche luogo una vita di gioia,
Tutto ritorna, fluido, affettuoso, casto, maturo, mentre
passiamo veloci uno vicino all'altro,
Sei cresciuto con me, con me sei stato ragazzo o giovanetta,
Ho mangiato e dormito con te, il tuo corpo non è più
solo tuo né ha lasciato il mio corpo solo mio,
Mi dai il piacere dei tuoi occhi, del tuo viso, della tua
carne, passando, in cambio prendi la mia barba, il
mio petto, le mie mani,
Non devo parlarti, devo pensare a te quando siedo in
disparte o mi sveglio di notte, tutto solo,
Devo aspettare, perché t'incontrerò di nuovo, non hodubbi,
Devo vedere come non perderti più.

Walt Whitman





BİR YABANCIYA

Yoldan geçen yabancı! sana nasıl istekle baktığımı bilemezsin,
Sen aradığım erkeksin, ya da aradığım kadın, (sanki bir düş görüyorum.)
Bir yerde, tatlı bir yaşam geçirmiş olacağız seninle,
Her şeyi hatırlıyorum, hepsi yeniden canlanıyor gözümde, yanyana
    yürüyoruz, akıcı, sevgi dolu, içi dışı tertemiz, olgun,
Benimle büyüdün sen, küçük bir oğlan, ya da küçük bir kızdın benimle,
Ben yemek yedim seninle, ben uyudum seninle, senin vücudun senin
    olarak kalmadı yalnızca, benim vücudumu benim olarak
    bırakmadı yalnızca,
Gözlerinin, yüzünün, etinin tadını veriyorsun bana, birlikte yürüyoruz,
    karşılığında sakalımın, göğsümün, ellerimin tadını alıyorsun,
Seninle konuşmasam da bir şey değişmiyor, tek başıma oturduğum,
    ya da gece tek başıma uyandığım zamanlar seni düşünüyorum,
Bekliyorum, seninle gene buluşacağız, kuşkum yok bundan,
Seni hiçbir zaman yitirmemeye bakıyorum.

Walt Whitman

Çeviri: Memet Fuat


Photo by David Dubnitskiy

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder