14 Nisan 2014 Pazartesi

I came to you always with a piece of sky / İlhan Berk

I CAME TO YOU ALWAYS WITH A PIECE OF SKY

1. Look for me there in the rivers at night, there in the rivers at night.
2. I came to you always with a piece of sky.
3. I came in the attire of olden times and with a black moustache.
4. I set myself up there as the balcony of an old house.
5. I used to stop and wave my fist to the trees and never leave.
6. Love is a shadow.

İlhan Berk - (Madrigals)

İlhan Berk (18 November 1918 – 28 August 2008) was a leading contemporary Turkish poet. He was a dominant figure in the postmodern current in Turkish poetry (termed, "İkinci Yeni"; "The second new generation") and was very influential among Turkish literary circles.

Translated by George Messo





BEN SİZE HEP BİR GÖK PARÇASIYLA GELDİM

1. Gecede orda ırmaklarda ara beni, gecede orda ırmaklarda.
2. Ben size hep bir gök parçasıyla geldim.
3. Kara bıyıklıydım ve daha çok eski zaman kılığında gelirdim.
4. Orda ben eski bir evin balkonu diye kurardım kendimi.
5. Ağaçlara yumruk sallar durur ve gitmezdim,
6. Love is a shadow.

İlhan Berk - (Madrigaller)


Photo by Eric Boutilier-Brown




Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder