23 Aralık 2013 Pazartesi

Richard Brautigan - (In Watermelon Sugar)

THIS MORNING there was a knock at the door. I could tell who it was by the way they knocked, and I heard them coming across the bridge.

They stepped on the only board that makes any noise. They always step on it. I have never been able to figure this out. I have thought a great deal about why they always step on that same board, how they cannot miss it, and now they stood outside my door, knocking.

I did not acknowledge their knocking because I just wasn't interested. I did not want to see them. I knew what they would be about and did not care for it.

Finally they stopped knocking and went back across the bridge and they, of course, stepped on the same board: a long board with the nails not lined up right, built years ago and no way to fix it, and then they were gone, and the board was silent.

I can walk across the bridge hundreds of times without stepping on that board, but Margaret always steps on it.

Richard Brautigan - (In Watermelon Sugar)





Bu sabah kapı vuruldu. Kapıya vurma şeklinden kim olduğunu anladım, köprüden gelişini de duymuştum.

Gıcırdayan tek tahtaya bastı. Her zaman ona basar. Bir türlü anlayamıyorum. Neden hep aynı tahtaya basıp durduğu üzerine epeyce düşündüm, nasıl oluyor da hiç ıskalamıyor, ve işte şimdi kapımın önünde duruyor, kapıyı çalıyor.

Kapıyı çaldığı gerçeğini kabullenmedim çünkü umurumda değildi. Onu görmek istemiyordum. Ne demeye orada olduğunu biliyordum ve umurumda değildi.

Sonunda kapıyı çalmayı kesti ve köprüden geri döndü ve tabi ki aynı tahtaya bastı: yıllar önce yapılmış, çivileri düzgün çakılmamış ve tamiri imkansız tahtaya. O gidince, tahta sessizleşti.

Ben o tahtaya basmadan köprüden yüzlerce kez geçebilirim ama Margaret her zaman o tahtaya basar.

Richard Brautigan - (Karpuz Şekerinde)


Appointment. 1963, by Leonid Lazarev


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder